Friday, August 9, 2013

A cowl for my mom

I found this really fluffly thick wool at Rubys Haberdashery in Waverly, Pretoria.  I used a 6mm hook and 2 skeins to finish this cowl for my mom.  She has always detested the winter and believes that your neck and your ears need to be covered!  Take a look:



Took a inconspicuous 'selfie' ;)




Aaand a close up of the flowers :) I'm feeling the purple and grey!


{Cowl Pattern}

This pattern is very easy!  I unfortunately threw away the yarns information leaflet, but I'm making a yarn-stash run to rubys again soon and will post an update!

Here's what I did:

Round 1:               Ch 70, ss in first ch.

Round 2:               Ch4, {skip 1 ch, dc in next ch, ch1} repeat around.  Ss in 3rd ch space of beginning ch4.

Round 3:               Ch4, {dc in ch1 space, ch1} repeat around.  Ss in 3rd ch space of beginning ch4.

Round 4 and consecutive rounds:  Repeat round 3 as many times as you like.  With two skeins I got to 7 rounds.  Finish off and embellish with flowers of your choice.  Easy!

{L}

No comments:

Post a Comment