Monday, January 20, 2014

"You better shape up...!"

We don't own a scale.  I have been breastfeeding my 14 month old for the last 12 months.  I was one of those lucky women who could eat anything while breastfeeding and not pick up weight.  After 6 months of breastfeeding I weighed 8kgs less than when I got pregnant.

The problem is now that I have stopped breastfeeding for about 2 months...but I have not stopped EATING with the inevitable consequence being I have gained weight like a lion gains on a gazelle!  

How do I know this if we do not even own a scale?  We were at my moms on Sunday for potjiekos (YUM, I will miss you my friend) and I climbed on her electronic bathroom scale for laughs and giggles.....guess what...I am back at my original pre-pregnancy weight! (Insert mortified face here)

I weigh a whopping 72 kg.  Let me put this into perspective for you.  I am a mere 1.65m tall and in my 25 years this is the 3rd time I have reached this shameful milestone.  

Without wasting any time, I pounced on Pinterest on Sunday night and lo and behold, I found the 30 DAY SHRED!!  I actually found a couple of promising {before and after} pictures and after doing a bit of research, decided that THIS was my way back to skinny-wearing-without-the-inevitable-muffintop days.

What is the 30 DAY SHRED (I always say it in a booming voice in my head).  It is a 25min workout video consisting of 3 levels.  You start at Level 1 for the first 10 days, then do Level 2 for the next 10 days and finish off with Level 3 the last 10 days (this is where you lose your baby/chocolate/potato chip pooch and get those awe inspiring flat(ter) abs.  The videos are available on youtube (you can also order the dvd if you wish).  

I wanted to wait before posting on the workout because I wanted to experience it for myself.  It's really not that bad, for someone who haven't exercised in about 4 years, I was able to complete the whole 25 minutes (doing lady push-ups I must admit) before giving up or collapsing of exhaustion.  

In other words, I recommend this workout!  

I will be posting the terribly embarrassing BEFORE photos on day 15 when my body is in better shape :)  

I must add, that for the first 13 days I am following a strict protein rich (low carb) kickstart diet AND that I will also be doing the following:


I found a really neat CHART to use to mark off my progress on "A mater of choice's" blog.  I don't have her permission to post about her chart on my blog, but I hope that she will forgive my arrogance because the chart her hubby made her is so user friendly and motivating!



Here are the measurements I'm starting with:



Please hold me in your thoughts, you are welcome to join me in my challenge and comment on how your progress is going or if you would like me to post the 13 day diet.  Please note that I am in no way a dietitian or a fitness professional (I'm just doing what I feel will work the best for me).   I'm so excited to see progress!

{L}

  

No comments:

Post a Comment